Thursday, November 14, 2013

Artists in Their Own Words-Rosco Crooke

Below is the inaugural profile in my new series Artists in Their Own Words with Rosco Crooke of Carrico Creations 



1.Do you do any charity or non profit work?
 I do some charity work here in town, I've worked with my mother on gathering coats and clothing for the homeless, especially right now during the cold season.    
                  
 2.What is an interesting story about a client interaction you had?
To be completely open on your second question, I've yet to sell a painting,lol. I wish I had an interesting story to share. I just recently got my website up and going, so I've yet to make any sales.                                                  
3.What are some of your greatest challenges for you creatively?
 The biggest challenges for me creatively seem really huge sometimes. There is a big part of me that almost feels guilty making art during the day. I feel like I should be fixing stuff around the house or doing something else. So I find myself creating at night way into the early morning most of the time. I worked 14 years on the graveyard shift and it's still in me. The night is a friend to artist and they day is a weird bubble. 
                                   
4. What is the main thing that gets you out of bed each morning? 
The main thing that gets me out of bed in the morning is a desire to chase down my dreams. I want to create art that will inspire, motivate and challenge people. The biggest goal creatively for me is a script I'm working on for a movie that I will one day make and it will change the world (Adopted by God) It's going to be the most loved and hated movie of it's time and forever on. That's what gets me out of bed in the morning. Changing the world by creating and influencing!   
                             
5. Describe the hardest decision you have faced in the past 12 months? 
The hardest decision I made in the past 12 months was leaving my job with the government. I made great money  and had a false sense of security, but I was being totally destroyed inside. I had no outlet for creativity, thinking, helping people, or anything else. I was working at night and closed off from all my family and friends for 7 years. Before that I worked graveyard at a market for 7 years and was closed off from everyone around me then. So for the past 14 years I have literally lived in darkness closing myself off from everyone. 

...not because I didn't care about them, but living on a graveyard shift is totally upside down, that's what life has been like for almost a decade and a half for me. That's probably a big reason why now I just want to create and why I use such bright colors against black backgrounds so often., because that's how I see life. I've lived in darkness and now I"m in the light and want to share it with everyone and want everyone to be in the light with me. I would rather be dead than to not chase down my dreams of creating art and making this movie that is going to change the world. 

Here are some links for people to find me 
Latest youtube video,"What do artists really do?" 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju8p1tdpJmk   
Here is a link to my blog http://www.carricocreations.com/blog/
Here is a link to my website http://www.carricocreations.com/
Here is a link to my Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/CarricoCreations
Here is a link to my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/carricocreations
Here is a link to my twitter page https://twitter.com/Carricohimself

No comments:

Post a Comment