Saturday, November 23, 2013

Artists in Their Own Words-Gael Chapo






1. Do you do any charity or non profit work?
Most of my drawings are under Creative commons licence. So everybody, rich or poor, can copy them or use them for a not commercial use. Some of my works were so used to illustrate the poster of a university conference against homophobia.

2. What is an interesting story about a client interaction you had?
I have many good memories with clients (and sometimes some bad memory unfortunately). I don't remember a story in particular, but I'm happy that certain professional relations became real friendships.

3. What are some of your greatest challenges for you creatively?
Every new creation is a real challenge in itself. I like particularly the collective creations with other artists. It obliges to borrow new ways, to invent new methods of work, and allows to make really interesting discoveries.

4. What is the main thing that gets you out of bed each morning?
I think that it is the desire to make new drawings or to continue the creation on which I work. To discover artworks of the other artists or to meet new person in this domain are also of real motivations every day.

Many thanks to You Gael for your time and personal insights for this interview-





No comments:

Post a Comment