Thursday, October 31, 2013

How the film Herb & Dorothy inspired and democritized Art collecting for me



      I am not often into documentaries unless they involve a particular person of interest for me as either artists,musicians,historical figures and the like.This documentary type film however,because here were two unassuming figures of modest means having a narrative of having met,befriended,or has the pleasure of having intimately know some of the greatest artists of the 20th Century.

   I was even more touched by their story because they willed their collection to world-class museums in trust and proceeds they received as a result they reinvested in more Art instead of merely "living" off of a windfall or selling their massive collection to supplement a modest lifestyle.

    This by far was one of the quietest and most unassumingly powerful films I've ever seen.I was inspired after watching to make myself available to emerging artists locally.You never know who you might meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment